what is pilates?
The Pilates Method Alliance describes Pilates as a method of exercise and physical movement designed to stretch, strengthen, and balance the body. With systematic practice of specific exercises coupled with focused breathing patterns, Pilates has proven itself invaluable not only as a fitness endeavor, but also as an important adjunct to professional sports training and physical rehabilitation of all kinds.
Physical fitness is the first requisite of happiness.” – Joseph Pilates
I work one-on-one with clients at a variety of locations around the GTA. I combine mat and equipment work to program for my clients’ individual needs, whether they’re recovering from injury, starting a fitness regimen for the first time, or incorporating Pilates into their current athletic conditioning. With my clients’ goals in mind, I address dysfunctional movement patterns and muscle imbalances, help them build stronger connections with their deep stabilizing muscles, and provide personal training at a level of intensity that keeps them challenged, engaged and coming back for more.
Group Classes in Toronto
- Cardio Jump (Advanced Machine) on Saturdays @ 8:30am
- Core Principles on Saturdays @ 9:30am
- Precision Reformer on Sundays @ 10:30am
- Power Reformer on Sundays @ 9:30am
- Springboard on Sundays @ 10:30am
- Precision Reformer on Sundays @ 11:30am
- Private sessions by appointment on Tuesdays from 5-9pm, Wednesdays from 6-10pm, Saturdays from 11:30am-1:30pm, and Sundays from 12:30-2:30pm
CoreWorks Pilates & Physiotherapy Studio (1109 Dundas Street East)
- Small Group Equipment, Private Sessions or Duets on Mondays between 6pm and 9pm, Wednesdays between 7am and 10am, Thursdays between 6pm and 9pm, and Fridays between 6:45am and 11:00am
Counterbalance Studio Pilates (1911 Danforth Avenue)
- Mat Foundations on Mondays @ 7:30am June 6, 13, 20 & 27, 2017
- Mat I on Fridays @ 6pm