Will this be your Year to Soar? Make the Soar Connection and take part in one of our workshops or events! Sign up for the Soar newsletter and receive updates and freebies.
Dare to Read: The Book Club
A virtual book club for those of us who find strength in numbers and appreciate a little conversation to keep us going. Send Pam an email request to join the Dare to Read Facebook community and follow along via social media to discuss each book of the month. The first two book selections will be non-fiction titles around the subjects of personal growth and creativity:
- AUGUST 2016: You Are A Badass: How To Stop Doubting Your Greatness And Start Living An Awesome Life by Jen Sincero
- OCTOBER 2016: Still Writing: The Perils and Pleasures of a Creative Life by Dani Shapiro
- JANUARY 2017: Big Magic: Creative Living Beyond Fear by Elizabeth Gilbert
Still interested in Sparking the Creative Fire?
A virtual workshop is coming in February 2017!
Song Writing for Singers: Taking the Leap
A weekend workshop for singers who are ready to try their hand at writing original songs. Two days of fun-filled exploration led by coaches, performers and fellow musicians designed to inspire and encourage vocalists to tell their own stories through music. More details to come.
Do-It-Yourself Writer’s Retreat – October 28-30, 2016
A virtual weekend experience facilitated by Pam, for both experienced writers and relative newbies. Participants will receive:
- pre-event materials to help establish an ideal writing space and prepare for a 48-hour creative immersion
- live sessions each day to kick things off, stay motivated and connect as a group
- online coaching support through a community Facebook page and social media
- writing prompts and tips
- fun prizes and special offers
- follow-up email support to sustain the writing habit!
Fabulous Feet at Retrofit Pilates – Saturday, May 28, 2016
A 2-hour weekend workshop, led by Pam, for both Pilates enthusiasts or anyone who: …likes to walk, hike or run …stands on the job …suffers from Plantar Fasciitis, Achilles Tendinitis, fallen arches, bunions, or other common foot injuries …is recovering from or managing a hip or knee issue.
For more information on this and other workshops, visit Retrofit Pilates.
Spark the Creative Fire: A Workshop for the Creatively Adrift
November 1, 2015 – 2-5pm, Toronto
The Centre for Social Innovation, 215 Spadina Avenue, 4th Floor (Queen & Spadina)
Are you feeling creatively lost at sea? Do you have projects that have stalled or remain unfinished, in spite of your best intentions? Are you struggling to balance your work or personal and creative lives? Do you want to reclaim your creative space and reboot your creative process? Are you ready to recover or (re)discover your imagination and spark that creative fire? Join Pam on Sunday, November 1, 2015 for an afternoon to assess your connection to The Fiery Muse and prepare to embark on a 21-Day Creative Challenge. It’s the ideal prescription for your creative woes, although side effects and related benefits may include:
- Reignited passion for a project or an art form
- A deeper connection to your creative side, recognizing your innate abilities and impulses to make and do what you love
- Tools for discovering, building and maintaining optimal time in your hectic schedule and space in your already bountiful life for creative exploration
- Strategies to renew your creative energy and stay on track towards your creative goals
- Motivation and empowerment to pursue a fulfilling creative life or dream project
- Community and connection with other creative folks
- Opportunities for sharing yourself and your work with the world
The cost to participate is $99 ($87.61+HST). Your registration includes: The Complete Fiery Muse Assessment Tool with 21-Day Creative Goal Plan, an invitation to join the Spark the Creative Fire Facebook Group, a complimentary Discovery Call, and follow-up emails to provide additional tips, tools and support to help you reach your goal. REGISTRATION FOR THIS EVENT IS NOW CLOSED.
The 1st Annual DARE TO SOAR Short Fiction Contest
The Challenge: Write and submit a short story (2,000 words or less) around the theme DARING. The Judges: Alison Gadsby, Kate Lum, and…Mystery Judge #3! The Prizes: The winner will receive a complimentary coaching session, a book prize, a SOAR t-shirt, publication on this site, and bragging rights. The Deadline: Submissions must be received via email by 11:59pm EST on September 30, 2015. See submissions guidelines for additional information.
Pilates for Golf Workshop at Retrofit Pilates – Saturday, April 25, 2015
A 2-hour weekend workshop, led by Pam, for both Pilates enthusiasts who golf, and golfers curious about how Pilates can improve their game! Specifically geared to show participants how they can strengthen their core, improve stability in their shoulders and pelvis, and increase their flexibility, the workshop incorporates traditional mat and reformer exercises on a cool, new, and very portable piece of equipment called the MOTR. It’s a perfect opportunity to tune up before hitting the links this spring. For more information, visit Retrofit Pilates.
- MS Word documents, double spaced with standard 1 inch margins, 2,000 word limit
- Use a standard font, like Courier, Times New Roman or Arial
- Include your name, the title, and email address at the top of the submission
In the body of your email, please include your name, the title of your submission, approximate word count, your email address, and your t-shirt size (S-M-L-XL, men’s or women’s).