what is coaching?
The International Coach Federation defines coaching as: “partnering with clients in a thought-provoking and creative process that inspires them to maximize their personal and professional potential.” Coaches hold their clients up as the authorities on their own lives, and recognize the resources, creativity and boundless possibility within them. More than anything else, coaching is an opportunity.
Coaches ask: What do you want to achieve? Where do you want to go? How would you like to feel? How can you get from here to there?”
Coaches can help identify and bridge gaps—in skills and confidence, for example—or provide support when clients are facing high stakes challenges or opportunities to develop, stretch and grow. Coaching can change your outlook on life.
As a coach, I focus on three areas: individual growth, purposeful action, and sustained improvement. Given the opportunity, which area would you focus on?
The CoachU Coaching Readiness Indicators include a desire for:
- A change in life direction.
- More satisfying communication with others.
- A move from thinking about challenges to taking positive action.
- Increased fulfillment and meaning in life.
- Gaining better clarity and focus about what you want in life.
- To shift from reacting to events to being proactive in your life.
- Aligning your livelihood with your direction in life.
- Setting priorities so that you have time to nurture yourself and others you care for.
- The clarity that comes with having a focused conversation.
- Being listened to by someone who listens with your best interests in mind.
- Being challenged to go beyond where you would go yourself.
- Having someone you can explore options with.
- Creating an action plan that suits your life with the support and assistance of someone who believes in you.
Let’s talk!” Contact Pam for a Complimentary 30-minute Discovery Session.
My clients and I typically connect via telephone or Skype three times a month for 45 minutes per session. In some cases, longer strategy sessions (usually 90 minutes) are more important. I also offer 6-Week and 90-Day coaching packages, as well as small group coaching. If you think you’d like to give coaching a try, or you’re interested in more of the particulars, including rates and availability, let’s talk.
Sparking the Creative Fire: Imagination Re(dis)covery for the Creatively Adrift
What does the 6-week package include?
Access to the complete Sparking the Creative Fire Module
- O for a muse of fire: Assess (A personalized version of The Fiery Muse assessment, e.g. Where/who are you now? Where/who do you want to be?)
- Brightest heaven of invention: Brainstorm (What can you do/how can you reach your goal? What inspires you? The sky’s the limit!)
- Assume the port of mars: Challenge (Create a plan and prepare to take action)
- The perilous narrow ocean parts asunder: Launch (Time to just do it!)
Access to Group Coaching for the Creatively Adrift (for 6 weeks; ongoing cost not included) and the Sparking the Creative Fire Facebook group, including Soar’s semi-annual 21-Day Creative Challenge.
3 – 45 minute coaching sessions
1 – 90 minute coaching sessions
What can you gain from participating?
- Reignited passion for a project or an art form
- A deeper connection to your creative side, recognizing your innate abilities and impulses to make and do what you love
- Tools for discovering, building and maintaining optimal time in your hectic schedule and space in your already bountiful life for creative exploration
- Strategies to renew your creative energy and stay on track towards your creative goals
- Motivation and empowerment to pursue a fulfilling creative life or dream project
- Community and connection with other creative folks
- Opportunities for sharing yourself and your work with the world
Interested in learning more about Sparking the Creative Fire, Group Coaching for the Creatively Adrift, or one-on-one coaching sessions? Contact Pam to schedule a Complimentary 30-minute Discovery Session at your convenience and you could be on your way to creative fulfillment. Take the leap and make this your Year to Soar!
Curious? Contact Pam to book a Complimentary 30-Minute Discovery Session.